Our School Uniform
Main Uniform Items
- Navy blue sweatshirt or cardigan with school logo
- Mid-grey skirt, pinafore, shorts or trousers
- Pale blue polo shirt with or without school logo
- Black school shoes (if your child cannot tie laces, Velcro fastenings are encouraged) and plain mid-grey socks or tights.
In summer pupils may wish to wear light blue checked summer dresses with white socks.
- A pale blue t-shirt with school logo
- Navy blue shorts, (cycling, rugby, football style shorts or 'skorts')
- Plimsolls (KS1 only) and trainers (if socks are worn, they should be white).
- A navy tracksuit is needed for outdoor PE when the weather gets colder.
- Shin pads
- A pair of waterproof trousers and a waterproof coat and Wellington boots
Jewellery and buttons
It is not appropriate for children to wear jewellery except a sensible watch and a pair of small plain stud earrings. Please read the guidance below which relates to earrings in school and PE.
In addition, children may not wear clothes with buttons during PE lessons for Health and Safety reasons.
Hairstyles should be appropriate for school, i.e. no “mohicans”, no designs cut into hair, no extremely short hair (no-guard or number 1) or bright-coloured highlights. All long hair (shoulder-length or longer) should be tied back.
There is no reason for children to bring large bags into school. There is a great shortage of space in the cloakrooms and large bags exacerbate the problem. Lunch boxes can be carried and stored on trolleys. Book bags are appropriate and can be purchased from our school uniform suppliers.
It is much easier for staff to return garments that have been misplaced if ALL clothing is clearly named please.
For swimming lessons, girls need to wear a one-piece swimsuit. Boys need to wear tight-fitting trunks and not the knee-length, loose shorts style; as air gets into these, which affects their speed and agility in the water. All children require a swimming hat.
After-school Sports and Competitions
The rules for inter-school and county competitions require that football boots should be worn. Therefore, we ask that children attending after school clubs wear football boots (plastic and metal studs are both acceptable) and shin pads.
If your child is chosen to represent the school for a sporting event, they may be provided with a school kit. However, if they are required to wear their PE kit, we expect them to be dressed in the correct clothes, as stated above. It will state in their letter whether they will be provided with school kit or not.
Ordering School Uniform
You can order your child's school uniform from either of the following suppliers. Items of uniform without a logo can be purchased from anywhere.
Nationwide School Uniforms https://www.nationwideschooluniforms.co.uk/
Your School Uniform https://www.yourschooluniform.com/
You can find some step-by-step guides for each supplier below.