Ropsley C of E Primary School
Job title: Midday Supervisory Assistant
Salary: LCC PayScale G2.3 FTE £17,711
Purpose of Job:
- To be responsible to the Head Teacher, through the line manager, or other designated person, for the supervision of children during the midday break.
- The Head Teacher/Midday Controller
- The post holder will have contact with Head Teacher, school employees and pupils there may be occasional contact with visitors to the school.
- Supervise children during the meal, in the playground, classrooms, corridors, cloakrooms, toilets, etc and escort children between premises where necessary.
- Where applicable may also be required to prepare rooms for dining, including setting out tables and chairs or desks covers, as appropriate.
- Distribute meals and serve water where required.
- Clear tables and collect rubbish, wash and stack away tables, chairs, water jugs and covers and clean the dining area as required.
- Interruptions are intrinsic to the role but cause no major change to the overall task
- Possibly moving handling furniture, assisting children to get lunch, cutlery, plates etc.
- Subject to a moderate amount of noise that is generally expected when working with a number of children.
- Work in normal school environment sometimes in school grounds.
- The postholder may have limited exposure to abuse\aggression from pupils, parents and carers.
Knowledge and Skills
- No formal qualifications required. Demonstrable experience of appropriate interaction with children.
If you are interested in this position and would like to arrange a visit then please telephone to make an appointment. Visits to our school are warmly welcomed and encouraged.
Ropsley CE Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people and this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The school is happy to receive a CV initially.